Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Upcoming Speaking Engagements: RSA and PDDC


I’m pleased to announce that I have two speaking engagements in the next few months:

On Thursday April 19 at 9:15, I’ll be participating in a panel discussion at the RSA Security Conference in San Francisco. My fellow panelists will be Mark Weatherford, former CISO of NERC; Marc Sachs, former Chief Security Officer of NERC (and head of the E-ISAC); and Dr. Art Conklin of the University of Houston.

Our topic will be “How can We Regulate Critical Energy Infrastructure Security?” We are asking how the cyber security of critical energy infrastructure - oil and gas pipelines, oil refineries, and of course the Bulk Electric System – can be regulated in a way that is both cost-effective and adaptable to new cyber threats. Naturally, we will draw on the power industry’s experience complying with the NERC CIP standards in our discussion.

The other talk will be at the Power Design Delivery Conference in Ketchum, Idaho (which skiers will recognize as the home of the Sun Valley ski resort. I don’t ski, but I’m looking forward to the scenery!). I’ll be speaking as part of a keynote panel discussing “Cyber Security: Threats, Compliance and Practical Protection.” My topic will be “What’s in Store for Low Impact Assets?”  Our discussion will be at 9:15 AM on the first day of the conference, Wednesday, February 28.

So if you find yourself in the neighborhood of the Moscone Center in San Francisco or the Opera House in Ketchum, please come by!



The views and opinions expressed here are my own, and do not reflect those of any organization I work with. If you would like to comment on what you have read here, I would love to hear from you. Please email me at tom@tomalrich.com

No comments:

Post a Comment