Tuesday, October 29, 2019

My webinar next week



As a reminder, next week I will be doing a webinar entitled “How can we regulate cybersecurity for critical energy infrastructure?” I described the webinar in some detail in this post. Essentially, it discusses how I would design cyber regulations for any critical energy infrastructure, not just the power grid – but that is informed by what I and the industry have learned from ten years of compliance with the NERC CIP standards.

What I will advocate is of course a huge change from most of CIP now. But guess what? Even though it will be a big change, I’m convinced it not only should happen, but will happen. And probably within a few years. I think the forces pushing for change are probably stronger than any of us realize now.

The webinar will be from 12 to 1 PM EST on November 7. You can register here. If you can’t make it, you’ll receive an email afterwards with a link to the recording. I hope to “see” you there!


Any opinions expressed in this blog post are strictly mine and are not necessarily shared by any of the clients of Tom Alrich LLC.

If you would like to comment on what you have read here, I would love to hear from you. Please email me at tom@tomalrich.com. Please keep in mind that if you’re a NERC entity, Tom Alrich LLC can help you with NERC CIP issues or challenges like what is discussed in this post – especially on compliance with CIP-013. My offer of a free webinar on CIP-013, specifically for your organization, remains open to NERC entities and vendors of hardware or software components for BES Cyber Systems. To discuss this, you can email me at the same address.


1 comment:

  1. The recording of the webinar is now available at https://www.henrystewartpublications.com/journals/cyber-security-peer-reviewed-journal/cyber-security-webinar-archive

    ReplyDelete