Wednesday, September 12, 2018

500,000!



Today this blog passed 500,000 “pageviews” (meaning someone went to a page in the blog, even though they might have read more than one post), since its inception at the end of January 2013. This doesn’t include people who read the posts from the email feed – and as of today, there are 639 subscribers to the feed (by the way, I have no idea who they are).

Of course, 500,000 hits is probably a slow Thursday morning for one of the Kardashians’ blogs, but I’ll take it. I honestly thought a few years ago that, once NERC CIP version 5 came into effect, the CIP news would kind of die down and I’d start having trouble finding something to write about. Fortunately for me but unfortunately for you (if you work in CIP compliance for a NERC entity), there has continued to be lots of controversy and confusion, as well as new standards developed and approved – and when things were a little slow this summer, the Russians stepped in to save the day[i]! I guess I was just born lucky.

So I suspect it might be a little while before I run out of things to talk about. I once thought I might focus on reviews of online cat videos – I guess I’ll always have that as a fallback option.


Any opinions expressed in this blog post are strictly mine and are not necessarily shared by any of the clients of Tom Alrich LLC.

If you would like to comment on what you have read here, I would love to hear from you. Please email me at tom@tomalrich.com. Please keep in mind that if you’re a NERC entity, Tom Alrich LLC can help you with NERC CIP issues or challenges like what is discussed in this post – especially on compliance with CIP-013. And if you’re a security vendor to the power industry, TALLC can help you by developing marketing materials, delivering webinars, etc. To discuss any of this, you can email me at the same address.    



[i] And when the story of the attacks themselves was flagging, DHS' confused and shifting portrayals of the attacks took up the slack very nicely. Verily, my cup runneth over.

No comments:

Post a Comment