Sunday, February 17, 2019

Are you going to RSA?



If you’re attending the RSA Security Conference 2019 in San Francisco in 3 weeks, I want to remind you that I’ll be participating in a panel titled “Supply Chain Security for Critical Energy Infrastructure” at 8:00 AM on Wednesday, March 6. The panel I was on at last year’s conference sparked a good discussion (which you can listen to here). Since the panelists are the same (just our moderator is different. This year it’s Sharla Artz of UTC), I think it will again be quite interesting.

I just searched the conference web site for other events on supply chain security and the electric power industry. Our panel is one of the few addressing the power industry, but there are a number of other panels and presentations that touch on supply chain security in one way or another. So you might justify coming to this year’s conference by the fact that you’ll get a leading-edge update on this topic.

BTW, if you’re thinking of coming but are despairing of finding a hotel room, I want to point out that there are still a lot of Airbnb’s available, at prices that don’t seem much different from what they were a couple months ago. Not only will you save a LOT of money, but you just might end up staying in a part of town you would find interesting (there are a lot of those in San Francisco, of course). For example, I got a great Airbnb for last year’s conference that was a couple blocks from Golden Gate Park. I got hooked on going running there every morning – including running through a redwood grove and the wonderful gardens. So this year I’m staying near there again. Can’t wait!


Any opinions expressed in this blog post are strictly mine and are not necessarily shared by any of the clients of Tom Alrich LLC.

If you would like to comment on what you have read here, I would love to hear from you. Please email me at tom@tomalrich.com. Please keep in mind that if you’re a NERC entity, Tom Alrich LLC can help you with NERC CIP issues or challenges like what is discussed in this post – especially on compliance with CIP-013; we also work with security product or service vendors that need help articulating their message to the power industry. To discuss this, you can email me at the same address.

No comments:

Post a Comment