Friday, July 17, 2020

A serious Microsoft vulnerability




If you're looking for my pandemic posts, go here.

Kevin Perry wants me to make sure everyone (or everyone who reads this blog, anyway) knows about the important Microsoft DNS vulnerability that was announced this week. The problem is that it’s “wormable” (new word of the day!), and it might lead to attacks like Wannacry and NotPetya – perhaps as early as next week. In case you haven’t heard of this, here’s your notice!

And here is CISA’s Emergency Directive.



Any opinions expressed in this blog post are strictly mine and are not necessarily shared by any of the clients of Tom Alrich LLC. If you would like to comment on what you have read here, I would love to hear from you. Please email me at tom@tomalrich.com. Are you hot at work – or should be – on getting ready for CIP-013-1 compliance on October 1? Here is my summary of what you need to do between now and then.



No comments:

Post a Comment