Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Tripwire Energy Users Conference



If you're looking for my pandemic posts, go here.

I’m pleased to announce that I will be the keynote speaker at the annual meeting of the Tripwire Energy and NERC Compliance Working Group next Tuesday at 9AM Pacific Time. Not too surprisingly, this is the first year this conference has been held virtually. If you work for a Tripwire customer, you can sign up for the conference here. One down note is that I’m told that, unlike in previous years, there won’t be coffee served in the morning. The logistics of doing this for the whole audience turned out to be too hard (who would have thought?).

The whole conference looks quite good – you’ll get an agenda after you sign up. It runs just in the morning Pacific Time, Tuesday through Thursday. My topic is “Which way to the cloud?” – a fairly depressing discussion of what would be required for BES Cyber Systems (not just BCSI) to be “legal” in the cloud – from a NERC CIP perspective. Spoiler alert: Though it will be a huge job and will involve a lot of wrenching change in the way both NERC and NERC entities do things, I think it can be done. In fact, I think it ultimately will be done – there are too many good reasons why it needs to happen.

I hope to “see” you there!


Any opinions expressed in this blog post are strictly mine and are not necessarily shared by any of the clients of Tom Alrich LLC. If you would like to comment on what you have read here, I would love to hear from you. Please email me at tom@tomalrich.com.

Are you hot at work – or should be – on getting ready for CIP-013-1 compliance on October 1? Here is my summary of what you need to do between now and then.


No comments:

Post a Comment