Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Reminder: Next Monday’s SBOM webinar for Energy

I’m just checking up to make sure you know about next Monday’s NTIA webinar regarding use of SBOMs in the energy industry (I haven’t heard from you yet, although I’ll admit I didn’t include an RSVP in the invitation I sent you). You can get the details here. No pre-registration is required.

This webinar will feature discussions by suppliers to the industry, as well as end-users and industry organizations. They will discuss why producing or “consuming” SBOMs (or both) is important for their organizations and how they’re producing or consuming them – or at least hope to.

Currently announced speakers include:

Val Agnew, North American Transmission Forum

Cheri Caddy, Dept. of Energy CESER

Cassie Crossley, Schneider Electric

Tony Eddleman, Nebraska Public Power District and chairman of the NERC Supply Chain Working Group

Bryan Owen, OSISoft

If you are interested in joining these speakers, please email Dr. Allan Friedman at afriedman@ntia.doc.gov. You don't have to be an SBOM expert, or even using them or supplying them now. You just need to have thought a little about how SBOMs could make your life easier, whether you work for a supplier or an electric utility.

A side note: In the post I linked above, I mentioned the news I’d just heard, that the upcoming Executive Order on software supply chain security might address SBOMs in some way. While I don’t know much more than that now, I have heard that SBOMs definitely will be included. I just hope it’s done in the right way, as I discussed in this post.

Any opinions expressed in this blog post are strictly mine and are not necessarily shared by any of the clients of Tom Alrich LLC. If you would like to comment on what you have read here, I would love to hear from you. Please email me at tom@tomalrich.com.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment