Saturday, June 3, 2023

To my new friends in Singapore


This blog has always had a good international readership, although most readers (i.e., those that access the posts directly or through LinkedIn, vs. email subscribers who read it in the email feed) have almost always been American. There have been a number of “surges” where one country’s readers suddenly start reading the blog; these never last more than a few days and usually don’t exceed American readership.

However, for the last six or seven days, Singapore has been the number one origin nation (by IP address, anyway) of page views on my blog. In fact, there have been at least a few days when the number of Singapore readers has been about double the maximum number of US viewers that I’ve ever received in one day.

Can someone tell me what’s going on? Obviously, this can’t be just random. But it also isn’t just that I wrote a post that hit a nerve with Singapore residents, since no post (including recent ones) has received an unusual number of pageviews.

Please drop me an email if you can explain this. However, I certainly welcome all readers!

Tom

Any opinions expressed in this blog post are strictly mine and are not necessarily shared by any of the clients of Tom Alrich LLC. If you would like to comment on what you have read here, I would love to hear from you. Please email me at tom@tomalrich.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment