Thursday, March 3, 2022

A not-to-miss webinar on SBOMs


Earlier this week, I received – with no knowledge at all that it was coming - an emailed invitation from the London chapter of OWASP to a broadcast of their meeting next Thursday, that I wouldn’t miss for the world (well, maybe a portion of the world…). It features two of the most authoritative figures in SBOMs: Steve Springett, leader of the CycloneDX and Dependency-Track OWASP projects, and Jeff Williams, co-founder of OWASP and creator of the OWASP Top 10.

Their discussions won’t be the quick 10-15-minute wonders we’re used to in a 45-minute webinar. The entire meeting will be 2 ½ hours, with 15 minutes of OWASP business up front, followed by Jeff’s talk, a Q&A, and finally Steve’s talk.

I’ve written a lot about Steve in my posts lately, so I don’t think he needs an introduction. I’ve never met Jeff, but I first heard him speak a couple times during a 1 ½ - day NIST webinar on software security last September. I was very impressed with him. He really is a very creative person, as well as being very knowledgeable.

Note that, even though the meeting will be streamed in real time from London, it takes place at an easily accessible time for those of us who are across the ocean in the Colonies: It’s from 1:30 to 4:00 PM Eastern Time. I’ll see you there!

Any opinions expressed in this blog post are strictly mine and are not necessarily shared by any of the clients of Tom Alrich LLC. If you would like to comment on what you have read here, I would love to hear from you. Please email me at tom@tomalrich.com.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment